The New Year marks the beginning of a fresh start. As a professional, you may have a number of goals that you are working toward in 2020—and aligning your wellbeing with your performance is a good one to add to your list.
According to research, the average professional will spend 90,000 hours at work—which is the equivalent of 1/3 of someone’s lifetime.
Workplace environment plays a big role in how productive people are at work; and how employees show up. Everything from air circulation, to the floor plan, and the colors of the walls factor into workplace well-being.
You’re probably wondering what it is that you can do with the amount of control that you do have. And the answer is, a lot! Starting with your desk. Your desk is typically where you spend the bulk of your time when you aren’t in meetings or traveling. That is why de-cluttering and livening up your space is a great way to protect your peace and be productive.
As you get back into the full swing of your work routine, here is a list of 20 ways that you can create an inspiring and productive space for yourself in the workplace.
20 Ways to Liven Up Your Desk
- Hang up and inspiring calendar that you will use.
- Decorate your desk with things that bring you joy.
- Hang up photos of family, friends, or inspiring images.
- Keep a powerfully scented candle to add an aroma to your area (Do not light it, of course!)
- Print out helpful industry resources that you can post in your area that you can learn from during your down-time or refer to.
- Have a personal first-aid kit.
- Keep a grooming or beauty kit for days when you are on the go.
- Hang words of affirmations that you don’t mind others reading.
- Keep an umbrella under your desk for unpredictable weather.
- Create a desk appropriate size pantry of non-perishable snacks.
- Keep an extra pair of shoes at your desk.
- Keep a stress reliever near your computer for moments when you need to take your mind to other places.
- If you eat at your desk, having an electronics cleaning brush will help you keep your keyboard clean!
- Place your favorite mug or tumbler on your desk.
- Add a little life to your area with a small plant.
- Being comfortable in your work climate is important. A desk fan or personal heater can help you keep your cool or stay cozy.
- Add a stack of books that are significant to you at your desk. They are great reminders and conversation starters.
- Keep a personal stash of cleaning supplies. Sanitizing wipes, screen cleaner, and air fresheners often come in handy.
- Keep a sticky note or set an alarm that reminds you to walk around and get fresh air.
- Bring your best self to work each and every day. That’s priceless!
You got this!
Credit: Source link
Leave a Reply