To quote LL Cool J, don’t call it a comeback, Afro Sheen has been here for years!
The iconic hair brand became a household name in the late ’60s and ’70s during the Afro era before becoming dormant in the 1990s. However, 20 years later, Afro Sheen has been relaunched with a new line of unisex products that are now available online as well as in Walgreens, Sally Beauty, and Walmart.
“Our hair is a pivotal element in our self-expression and cultural identity,” said Kelly Keith, Afro Sheen’s vice president of marketing, said in a press release. “This mission to maintain our authentic, unapologetic, and influential nature is critical for Afro Sheen. Our new collection is designed to keep hair moisturized, defined, and healthy–for all textures and styles. Nine all-new products, formulations, and packaging reflect the evolved consciousness and needs for today’s culture creator.”
The latest collection’s key ingredients include coconut oil for conditioning, shea butter for moisture, and flaxseed oil for nourishment. The Afro Sheen 3-IN-1 Nourishing Oil will be available exclusively at Walgreens.
The new collection is listed below:
- Afro Sheen Lush ‘Fro Butter ($7.99; 4 oz): This multipurpose ‘fro butter nourishes, hydrates, softens and adds shine to hair, scalp, and beards.
- Afro Sheen Texture Setting Cream Gel ($7.99; 12 oz): This cream-gel hybrid enhances your natural coil and curl pattern providing hydration, curl definition, and shine.
- Afro Sheen Crown Defining Curl Cream ($7.99; 12 oz): This curl-defining cream boasts a non-greasy formula that defines and hydrates. To be used for twist-outs, braid-outs, finger coils, rod sets, and wash and go’s.
- Afro Sheen Slick Back Cream Styler ($7.99; 6 oz): This non-greasy, non-flaking cream styler is developed to smooth the hairline for sleek styles.
- Afro Sheen Texture Flexing Foam ($7.99; 8.5 oz): Great for wet and dry sets, twist-outs, and rod-sets, this texture foam defines and sets hair.
- Afro Sheen Glow Up Shine Spray ($7.99; 6 oz): Reminiscent of the original sheen spray, this is packaged in an environmentally friendly airless pump.
- Afro Sheen Velvet Flow 4-IN-1 Leave-In Spray ($7.99; 8 oz): This leave-in conditioner works as a detangler and curl refresher, moisturizing curls, and coils and protecting against heat.
- Afro Sheen ‘Fro Out Blow Out Spray ($7.99; 6 oz): This heat protectant comes packed with keratin aminos to smooth and add shine to textured hair while protecting against heat damage.
- Afro Sheen 3-IN-1 Nourishing Oil ($7.99; 6 oz): Works as a treatment for hair, scalp, and beards.
Credit: Source link