NEW YORK – December 31, 2019 – ( Newswire.com )
Teatro LATEA today announced programming for eMeLe-K 2020, the first listing of the decade at Teatro LATEA. eMeLe-K is cultural homage to Dr. Martin Luther King’s legacy. The weeklong event seeks to provide a forum for Afro-Latinos, African Americans and all who believe in Dr. King’s life example and respect his memory. Artists and audiences are invited to engage in artistic exchanges while celebrating the U.S. Civil Rights movement and the tremendous contributions Afro-Latinos make to society.
“eMeLe-K gives us a chance to encounter an image of greatness, in the form of a man who lost his life struggling to amend a problem lying at the very base of American culture and history,” wrote Jonathan Goodman, art critic, in his review of the art exhibition for the first edition of eMeLe-K.
On the third edition of eMeLe-K, the participating artists and events that reflect on the image and the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King are:
● Jan. 12: Latin Jazz with Miguel Zenón featuring Geral Clayton
● Jan. 13: Echoes of Freedom
● Jan. 14: Staged Reading “Inútil” – A play in one act by Alisha Espinosa
● Jan. 15: Open Screen by Amilcar Priestly – “Miriam Lies”
● Jan. 16: Quimbara by Anissa Gathers and Requiem for Rodger Art Exhibit
● Jan. 17: Open Mic Curated by Junior Espinal
● Jan. 18: The Dream: Stories and Songs from the Civil Rights Movement
● Jan. 19: Jazz Boricua with William Cepeda and his Afro Rican jazz
eMeLe-K 2020 will run from Jan. 12-20 at 7 p.m. For more information on eMeLe-K 2020 and ticket sales, visit www.teatrolatea.org.
Teatro LATEA is a performing arts theater company that has been a Latino cultural staple for over 30 years. Through multicultural and multidisciplinary initiatives at The Clemente, which it helped establish, LATEA assiduously promotes Latino performing arts to Latinos and multicultural audiences and presents multicultural work to Latinos.
Related Links Website Press Release
Press Release Service by Newswire.com
Original Source: An Afro Latin Thing for Martin Luther King: Teatro LATEA Announces eMeLe-K 2020 Programming
Credit: Source link
Leave a Reply