As investigations into the seizure and return of $22 million in cash from the home of the “Drugs Sou Sou” (DSS) administrator continues, four police officers have been suspended and another 11 are expected to be transferred.
In a police media release on Thursday, Commissioner Gary Griffith said it was necessary to suspend the four officers, two of whom are senior officers.
He also directed that four others are to be transferred out of the Northern Division and seven Special Reserve Police (SRP) transferred to the Northern Division Area West.
Griffith said the Professional Standards Bureau (PSB) had been mandated to enquire into the return of the cash and followed the advice of investigators by removing certain officers from the investigations for maximum transparency.
Investigations are being led by a team under the supervision of DCP Intelligence and Investigations McDonald Jacob.
On September 22, officers from the Special Operations Response Team, the Northern Division and the Financial Investigations Bureau went to a house on Kathleen Warner Drive, La Horquetta, where they detained several people and seized $22 million in cash.
Hours later, the cash was returned to the administrators of the sou sou, without the knowledge of investigators.
Credit: Source link