Western Australian tourism businesses have taken home ten medals for the State at the 2019 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards held in Canberra tonight.
The Gold Medals were awarded to:
• Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages – Self Contained Accommodation
• Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures – The Horizontal Hotel – Unique Accommodation
• Kimberley Quest – Tour and Transport Operators
• Swan Valley Visitor Centre – Visitor Information Services
• Two Feet & a Heartbeat – Excellence in Food Tourism
The Gold Medals for North West business Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures (Unique Accommodation) and Swan Valley Visitor Centre (Visitor Information Services) are the third consecutive National wins for each business, resulting in both businesses being inducted into the Hall of Fame at tonight’s ceremony. It was the second consecutive Gold Medal for both Kimberley Quest (Tour and Transport Operators) and Two Feet & a Heartbeat (Excellence in Food Tourism).
Tourism Council WA CEO Evan Hall congratulated all the WA medallists and said the State continued to produce world-class tourism experiences.
“The list of WA medallists from the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards demonstrates that our State is home to exceptional, nation-leading product,” he said.
“Now is a perfect time to consider booking your next holiday in WA, and I would encourage Western Australians to add these National Award winners to their list of must-do experiences.
“When you holiday in WA, you are supporting the local communities and jobs which depend on tourism. You can make even more of a difference by choosing to book directly with tourism operators, rather than through online booking engines, to ensure your money stays in the local community.”
Minister for Tourism, Hon Paul Papalia CSC MLA, extended his congratulations to the Western Australian medallists.
“On behalf of the State Government and Tourism Western Australia, I congratulate all the medallists from tonight’s Qantas Australian Tourism Awards,” he said.
“The winners have proven once again that Western Australia has quality and diversity in its tourism offerings.
“Our tourism operators are committed to showing tourists the best our State has to offer, and they have been rightfully rewarded at these national awards.”
Silver and Bronze medals were awarded to the following WA businesses:
• Go Cultural Aboriginal Tours & Experiences – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Tourism (Silver)
• Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures – Tourist Attractions (Silver)
• Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region – Luxury Accommodation (Silver)
• Holberry House – Hosted Accommodation (Bronze)
• Pullman Bunker Bay Resort Margaret River Region – Business Event Venues (Bronze)
For more Award-winning and high-quality tourism businesses, visit www.holidayinwa.com.au. On the website, Western Australians can find local accommodation, tours and experiences, compare travellers’ ratings and book direct with tourism businesses, avoiding overseas commissions.
Credit: Source link