LA TRINIDAD, June 13(PIA) — The La Trinidad Vegetable Trading Post(LTVTP) will remain under lockdown until 12 noon on Sunday, June 14, 2020.
La Trinidad Mayor Romeo Salda issued Executive Order No 39 placing the LTVTP under a 3-day lockdown since June 11, 2020 following the confirmation of another COVID-19 positive patient, a truck helper, in the municipality.
As per initial contact tracing of the Municipal Health Office of La Trinidad, the new patient has travel history outside Benguet and supposedly interacted with individuals at the areas within the trading post.
Earlier in the week, two cases from Benguet – a vegetable truck driver from Tuba and one a truck helper from La Trinidad confirmed that they have had travel history to and from the different vegetable trading posts in La Trinidad and in Region 3 and the National Capital Region .
The LTVTP is described as a “tinder box of COVID-19” since it is a beehive of activity where traders, disposers, drivers and helpers meet in mass and come and go unhampered even from areas where there are positive cases of COVID-19.
Salda said that the lockdown of the trading center also paves the way for the conduct of cleaning and sanitation of the facilities being used by hundreds of individuals daily although the LGU has mandated the stakeholders at the trading post areas to conduct regular cleaning and disinfecting in their respective areas.
Since the start of the Enhanced Community Quarantine in March, the provincial government of Benguet and the LGU of La Trinidad have set parameters to ensure safety of the stakeholders in the LTVTP and the Benguet Agri Pinoy Trading Center as well as the privately owned vegetable trading areas in the province.
In March, the LTVTP also was placed under lockdown after a COVID-19 positive case was confirmed in the valley.
Aside from the trading post areas, other sitios that have cases and placed in lockdown until further notice while contact tracing is being conducted are IB Zone 2 of barangay Betag, sitio Botiwtiw in barangay Balili and sitio Central Buyagan of barangay Poblacion.
The province of Benguet already recorded 26 COVID-19 cases as of June 13, 2020 with 10 recoveries and 16 active cases. Of the 16 active cases, three are from La Trinidad.
Salda is appealing to people to stay at home and follow all the COVID-19 precautionary measures and health standards.
Meanwhile, the Association of Barangay Captains – La Trinidad President Charles Canuto of Barangay Cruz also appeals to the La Trinidad residents to stay home and follow the protocols and guidelines being issued by local government and also not go out for any reason unless it is an emergency or it is necessary.
He stressed the fight against COVID-19 is not only the fight of the government but it is the fight of the people as a whole. “We can defeat this by our cooperation,” he said.(JDP/RMC- PIA CAR)
Credit: Source link